Are We Alone?

Are we alone? That’s the question National Geographic posed to its readers in the December 2009 issue. By the end of class today, you must post a response on the blog.

First, in your table group, discuss this question. Take notes in your geography/history journal.

Next read the National Geographic article in the December 2009 issue, “Are We Alone?” Check out all the graphics that go along with the article. Use the text to speech utility that I showed you last week. Wear your ear buds or headphones.

Remember to write, edit, and save your post first on your Think account. Copy and paste it into the blog.

Think back to last week and our discussion about what makes a great blog post. You get to decide what is your best post, the one from last week or this week.

72 thoughts on “Are We Alone?

1. I think that there is a good chance that there i some kind of life lurking out there just waiting to be discovered. I believe this because the size of the universe itself is so vast there must be something out there. I think that because of the size of our universe we may not find life in my lifetime or ever.

2. I think we are alone the universe because researchers have been searching for centries and still haven’t found any thing. I believe there could be something in a different galaxy i hope they find something and it’s friendly. i hope they find enough things on mars so that we can live there someday. If they find a alien that would be very cool it wouldn’t be cool if it tried to destroy our beautiful earth. I want to live for a while so i hope they don’t find a alien very soon

3. Before reading this article I was uncertain of my thoughts of other people or things out there. I definitely thought that there could be life for out there but again I wasn’t sure. Now that I read this article it seems to me that there is more space for other life forms to live but it would be extremely hard to provide that life from Earth. It would also be extremely different from Earth and we would have to take extra time to get used to that area, we would have to adapt to the planet and its new ways and areas. The article said that there are other planets out there that could actually be able to provide life upon it but it would be hard to get there. I don’t think we are alone now. I think that there are many other type if life out there. It would seem very interesting to find out and learn more about our universe and find out if there really is life out there. There has been sitings of UFO’S ad what not, I may believe that but I would want to see it to believe it myself or I can get things to back up peoples thoughts from the sitings. I do believe that things are out there but I have to see to believe in my eyes.

4. Are we Alone?

I think that we are not alone and the signs are all around us take a look at Egypt the pyramids those would have been basically impossible. The aztecs and the mayans were very smart too. There buildings are very advanced for there age and we cant figure out how the made them along with some other ancient ruins. Earth is the perfect planet to sustain life (until we came) but only because we are at a perfect distance from the sun. Which means that to find life we must find the perfect planet.

5. January 11, 2010
    Washington,
    I think that this was just bound to happen, I mean come on people we are in the 21st century use your brains, of course we are not the only ones out there. Space is endless there must be others out there we are not cavemen anymore we must know that there are other forms of life besides us on this planet. All parents say to their kids ” of course there is no such things as aliens”. But now there really could be and should. I still am wondering about the whole thought that dwarf stars are the best suspects. I believe we should be looking for planet that can support life if say the event of 2012 really does happen, we can have a planet to flee to if necessary. I think that looking for a change of light to find a planet is a very tedious task, but if it works, this could help our race from being totally wiped out. Our discoveries have been fantastic but we still need to realize that there are going to be more discoveries like this and sooner or later, we are going to find out that there are more forms of life like humans out there on a planet that no only can sustain them, but sustain us. 30 years ago we thought the jetsons was going to be what life is like for us now, it is going to be that way with space for a long time too.
    Sincerely,
    Matt H.

6. Are We Alone In The Universe???

Spencer F.
    1-11-10
    Washington

No, I don’t think that we are alone in the universe because if scientists manage to discover a rocky planet roughly the size of Earth orbiting a sun in a habitable zone; not so close to the star that the planet’s water has been baked away, or not so far out that it has frozen into ice than the chances would be that we would find life on the planet. I don’t believe what I hear about “Sightings” of UFO’s and things like that, but I do believe that there is a planet out there with close to the same traits as Earth’s and that it will be capable of supporting human beings.

7. No one know the answer to that very important question. The answer could impact us in the future. We might have to leave our planet someday because of pollution and maybe we will need refuge. I think that there has to be life out there. I mean, supposedly, space is endless. There has to be some planets with life out there. Maybe we just haven’t found one yet. It would probably be a little different though, like different oxygen levels or different amounts of gravity. Maybe we have just skipped over one. Like, little amoebas frozen in ice on mars. Right now scientists are looking for planets that fit our description. Things like, rocky, same size, right distance from the sun and so on. It could be a while until they found the perfect one. It is very hard to study planets light years away. Even if we did find one, what if it had major problems like ours? What would happen if the one planet we did find with life turned out to be completely made up of ocean? So are we alone? That is a question that will only be answered in years of studies to come.

8. No I don’t think we are alone. With space being the last place untouched to man there is still much to be explored in the universe. There is no conclusive evidence suggesting that aliens do or do not exist so there is still hope. With the universe being so big no one will be able to explore it in one life time so man may never know if aliens do exist. So the only conclusion I can draw to is that life may exist on other planets that might not be in our galaxy.

9. I honestly think that life does exist on other planets. I don’t fully believe in intelligent life like us that may use UFOs like the ones reported to the FAA. I do believe that it is possible but it seems more likely to me that plant life and microscopic cells will exist. I believe in life on other planets because there is so much universe out there that we have not explored yet or even begun to comprehend that on must be foolish to just simply say that we are strictly the only form of life. Also, I think that with all of the planets discovered or not discovered, there must be millions suitable for the life of some sort of organisim. Plus, I personally have seen what I believe to be a UFO. It did not look like a Learjet or anything, it was just a wing that appeared out of the sky. Also, one must consider the fact that Mars has frozen ice caps which show that one of our elements exists on Mars. With all of this info, I think it is just plain silly to say there is absolutely no life on other planets.

10. I don’t think that we are not alone because we are so little in such a big place. In sci. class we learned about how little we really are. I think that you can always dig deeper with this subject. If you really think about it, we don’t even cover that much of space.Do you think that maybe just maybe people from other plants are looking for us to or wondering like we are? Or maybe they are not even people. I think that we need to make better stuff so we can see better out there , we have come alone way from what we were. There must be other life out there. Look we found water on the moon, if we have the right tools we can get the job done that is what i was told any way you can’t build a house with paper that just wouldn’t work. We are just one of hundreds others plants too. other people/things may of came here people have thought to see things from out of this world. But then again there could not be any thing we could be the only plant with living people/things on it. but I think there is some thing out there an we are going to find it.

11. I believe on my part there is a possibility of life. But I will remain extremely doubtful especially about intelligent life other than on this protruding planet. If one took this matter with a view of evolution, yes it would be a possible subject, thinking of how hard it is comprehend a universe of this size, the possibility of a second life-containing planet is of an enormous odd against a “No other life” theory (still associating with evolution beliefs). If a Godly individual contemplated the issue, one might wonder why God created man on earth and all other life, focusing on what they are doing, why would a second planet be needed or made?

I focus on if a species of organism is in existence. This planet houses more than 1,000,000,000,000,000 different kinds of organisms. With trillions of planets in the known dimension, all differing in size, atmospheric conditions, mineral content, and liquid measures, there is an incredibly high chance (most likely in the odds of the sextillions, maybe more) that there is at least one organism of any form, on at least one planetary vicinity. There would be to many elemental structures to not hold one life form.

12. I have mixed feelings about whether or not there is other life out there, because there is so much space in the universe it is highly possible that there is life but also wouldn’t we have known about this already. Although I can feel both sides of the issue I lean towards no, we aren’t alone. The main reason I think that we aren’t alone is because even though we have so much equipment the universe is so big it’s nearly impossible to know of every single star and planet out there. We cannot be sure that the one star and planet we don’t know about doesn’t have life on it. Also there isn’t just one planet we don’t know about there is probably over 1,000 we don’t know about. They say that out of our nine planets in our solar system mars is similar to us. So if out of nine there is one similar think about all the other planets out there. It seems pretty likely that there is life other than us out there somewhere, the hard part is finding it though!

13. Are We Alone

I think that we might be alone but we don’t really know yet. Some people in my table group don’t really care that much about it. But i think that we may be alone. If we want to find life on other planets we have to find the right planet to do that with. If they could find life on a planet that is close to us then it wold probably work out better. My first thought was that i don’t really care about it then I thought about it a little bit and realized that we could be alone.

14. I don’t know if we are alone in this universe. We don’t really have any proof that there is life so we cant be to sure but then on the other hand we don’t have proof that we are alone. The world in which we live is like an ant compared to the rest of space. I’m sure somewhere really far away there could be life but astronomers have searched this galaxy as well as they can for right now. Although with all the new technology we may be able to look further into the planets to find life. Then maybe we wouldn’t be alone. I think we have been close to finding other organisms. If we did find other species what would we do though? Ask them 100 questions? Or maybe make them celebrities. We could have space people t shirts. Maybe they have there own language and don’t understand ours so they don’t reply. Kinda like some people don’t speak french or spanish so they don’t know what people are saying. There are a bunch of reasons we haven’t gotten a response or found other beings. One reason may be that there is nothing to find. I think that we don’t have enough information to solve this mystery.

15. Before reading the article I believed that there were other forms of life out there. Now, after reading the article I’m even more encouraged to think that there are. The article talked about how for a planet to contain life it has to be the perfect distance from a sun. Not too close but it can’t be too far either. I think with all the planets in the galaxy that there is probably at least one out there that is the perfect distance. Then again having such a big galaxy makes it a lot more difficult to find the perfect planet. Looking at the sky at night all of those stars are suns and if you’ve ever tried to count the stars you would know the endless possibilities of planets orbiting those stars. It may be that we never find the planet that contains life but I bet it’s out there and I think scientists should keep looking because if we do find life it may be able to benefit our world.

16. Are We Alone? Are We Alone? This is the question that science has asked and time to time movies have always thought about. It took thousands of years to figure out how we got into this living world. I think we are alone in this world. If we were among alien life forms I think we probably might have had a photo of something. New planets are being formed every day. If only the planets had some alien life forms living on the planets but they have not found any aliens. ARE WE ALONE? OR ARE WE BEING WATCHED OVER?

17. I think that we are not alone in the universe. There are so many places that we see that seem habitable. I’m sure some planets maybe far away are filled with forms of life. I man there could be other colonies right now trying to figure out how to get to places other than their own solar system. Maybe not exactly like us they may have a different language and look different. But they’re probably out there. Not like the aliens you see on TV.

18. The answer to this question is going to be different with everyone who responds. I think we are not alone we have stores,a government,animals,people,etc… and so on. So we can’t be alone! But to some people they feel alone both sides of the story are always different, to me I think were not alone but that’s my opinion. Maybe out in space there is some space creature living on a planet like Earth and we will have to leave earth because of polution or something like that so we are not alone

19. Are We Alone?

Ok, no matter how many more universes there are, how many more planets, or stars, or galaxies, I truly believe there is a possibility that we are not alone. I mean, its SPACE after all, the biggest thing there is, really. There could be a whole different world out there with humans, and daily problems that we challenge every day as well. I think that as long as they are not dangerous in ways that we are, then everything will be pip-pip-cheerio. But we can all use our imaginations answering this question. The first thing people, even me, think of is -Aliens. Well, it’s a real word, so it must be real then, right? But then again, it’s just a word, but every word has a meaning. The curtain IS up for stories to be told. is there another world out there? I think so.

20. I don’t think we are alone in the world. With space never ending there are endless possibilities out there. There could be people just like us billions of light years away on another planet like Earth. I think the stories about aliens are fake and just make good stories. There is also the possibility that the people out there (if any) are primitive or they could be a lot more advanced than we are. If we eventually find people or aliens on another planet we should try to send humans from our planet to theirs to see what it’s like. This may not work though because if they are billions of light years away it would take us hundreds of years to get there or just a super fast spaceship. So this question will remain a mystery for the next 10 years at least and maybe even longer. We will need more and better equipment to find the answer.

21. I think that we are not alone and never will be. The reason is, is because sense the universe is so massive there is 100% possible that there is life other than our own. every star that we see out in the night sky is either a star whitch has to has neighboring planets around it. the possiblity of life on those planets are 9 or 10 out of 10. U L F or (unkown life forms) have visted our planets many times in our centuries alive on this earth, we dont even know if there where vistors before we were even known on this earth. there is life out there for sure, no matter how you think it, there is and there will always be life then than our own

22. The terrorist attack on christmas day was a big wake up call for everyone in the U.S. and some countries around the world. We handled it well but, we need to be a bit more alert about these actions. They don’t happen everyday, but it is sure that everyone is now frightened to get on planes like after the 9/11 terrorist attack. It was a good thing that we cought the guy just before the bomb activated. I agree with Mr. Brooks that human systems fail all the time all around the nation, even the world. No piece of technology is sure to be accurate all the time. but there is no need to get to frightened, because the technology we are creating is getting better every year. I think that the people of homeland security should be working hard to find a better and more efficient way to take care of terrorist attacks, and attempts. What I mean is to make a pre-made plan on what to do in a attack.

23. I think that there are other Earths out there in the other solar systems with other versions of everyone on our Earth, and everything that has happened on our Earth has happened on the other Earths and he other Earths have other planets named Venus, Mars, Saturn , and have a big bright sun just like ours. There are exact replicas of our solar system, that is what I think.

24. I think that there are other galaxies out there with the same set up as we have. I bet there is a different galaxy that has an earth and they are trying to figure out the same things we are. Such as if there is life in other galaxies or other planets. They have found planets that they think are orbiting around a sun which makes me think that there is other solar systems just like ours and their is life beyond just our planet. So I do not think our planet is the only planet that has life and has sustained life in the past.

25. I think that we are not alone in our galaxy. In science we learned about how small we are compared to the universe and the Milky Way galaxy. So we could be alone in our galaxy but I’m pretty sure we are not alone in the entire universe. Our minds can’t comprehend the size of “space”. The odds are stacked up against who ever doesn’t believe that there are no other beings like human out in the universe. So my answer is yes. There can be possible life like ours out side the galaxy. 😀

26. I don’t thing we are alone. i mean the universe is extremely big. I don’t think there is only going to be one planet with life on it out of thousands of them. There should be more than one planet with life on it. There might be life out there but it is not that close it is probably far and we don’t have the technology to go there and find out. Man has not been able to explore space. I mean it is so big jest going o the moon and back is not even a dent of space so there is a chance for life to be out there.

27. I think that we aren’t alone because astronomers say that when we see stars, there are sometimes universes revolving around them. They said that if there was a planet that is the right distance away form the sun/star that the water doesn’t boil off of it and that it was close enough to it so the water on the planet doesn’t freeze, you could possibly have another “Earth” . The whole concept of the Earth not being the biggest thing that is known, befuddles me. I cant get myself to imagine what the whole amount of space around us is used for, are there solar systems so close to each other that the gravitational pull, is pulling one of the planets into the other solar system or vise versa? People or other life-forms outside our universe/ galaxy is very possible in my mind. Scientists have discovered what are/ should be remnants of water on the moon, and even traces of living plant?, on mars. This should lead us to our next travel in space.

28. I think there is a possibility that there are aliens out there. The main reason is that we have barely searched our solar system less than any other galaxy. Plus people have said that they seen a spaceship which can be true or the government testing new planes or something. But there have been sightings of airships that can go full speed then stop. So there is evidence to back up that aliens are out there. We just have to try harder to find them.

29. Yes I do think we are not alone because the universe is very very very very very big. there other parts of the UNIVERSE that we never seen before and might never be able see it. There might a really different kinds of things out in the UNIVERSE. Like there might be hidden life on Mars and/or all the other stars that have planets going around it. I don’t think in all of the time we have in forever we will never get to all the planets.

Alex
    Lincoln

30. Are We Alone?

No, I do not think we are alone at all. I mean our universe and galaxy is huge and there are still millions and billions of things out there that haven’t even been discovered yet, so to ask the question are we alone? I have no doubt in my mind that we are not alone. Take Mars for example there has been all kinds of different studies on Mars and whether or not there was life or can be life and they found signs of water. They actually found signs of water on Mars, maybe not the cleanest crystal clear water but usually wherever there is water or has been water life will follow. For all we know there could be another world out there right now with people and day to day problems just like us. But until that day comes, when we do find another living planet our imaginations will run wild.

31. I think there is definitely life other than what there is on earth. We are the only planet in our solar system out of nine that has “perfect living conditions” out of nine. If there are millions of other stars that have at least nine planets then that means there are over billions of chances for a planet to have perfect living conditions for any species of life. Also I believe that we probably we wont find any other species of life during my life time or even 100 years after but I know that eventually we will find something out there. And that’s enough for me

32. My opinion in whether or not we are “alone” is pretty clear to me. There is so much space in the universe, and I’m not talking a few miles. It is highly possible that there is another planet like Earth somewhere out there. Think about it, just in our little Milky Way galaxy there is a planet that is similar to Earth, Mars. If just out of nine planets, one is similar to ours then think about all the millions of other planets we have not yet discovered. There has to be at least one that resembles Earth. I’m not sure if we have the technology or equipment yet to see that far out into space to find a twin Earth, and even if we do have the right technology, it would take so long to look through all of space. It’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack, except the haystack is millions of miles of space and the needle is a earth-like planet. I hope that someday we find another planet with life, it definitely will be difficult but hey, we landed a man on the moon didn’t we?

33. Courtney N Lincoln 1-12-10
    I think we are alone, even though there is said to be life on mars it might not mean anything. There is no real proof that aliens exist. There are lots of stories about aliens and if you really think about it it is kind like ghosts there is no proof they exist either. Space is big though but there is not any real clues. They might very well as be real but there is so much to explore. I am definitely sure there are no aliens, and we are alone.

34. After reading this article I am still unsure of whether we are alone or not. Because at this point no one can be truly sure. But I think that maybe we are not alone . Space is so big it seems impossible to ever really know. But i feel like because space is so big there’s bound to be another planet like ours capable of containing life. In our solar system alone there are similarities between planets so whose to say there isn’t one just like ours. It would be a huge reassurance to know that we have a back up plan in case anything happened to earth, that we could go and start again this time making sure we don’t mess up as badly as we have here. Maybe closer than we think there is a planet just like ours.

35. Honestly I am tossed between if there is or isn’t life on other planets. To me it seems that it hasn’t been proven for sure that there is life on other planets. With all this technology you would think that we would have an answer to this question. But we don’t. Then of course there is the other side of the argument. Yes there is other life in the universe. Even though it is highly likely that there is bound to be the perfect planet like Earth out there among billions of planets. Space is the biggest know thing to man that exists. So of course there is going to be a planet that will have life on it. But will this planet be the way we intended it to be? Then again as I said I have mixed feelings on the subject.

36. I think that we are definitely not alone in space. There are probably millions of planets similar to the Earth that could possibly hold life that we haven’t found yet, but there is also a chance the other species could survive in different conditions than us, so the possibilities are endless. I may take 1,000s of years to find evidence of life outside planet earth but I’m confident there is something out there. I just don’t think that our planet is the only place life exists. The universe is too big for the Earth to be the only planet have life on it. There are so many places left to explore and maybe someday in the future, when the technology we have as gotten better, we will be able to find life elsewhere. We are not alone, no way.

37. I think this is a crazy question but i think that we aren’t alone. The National Geographic did not really help me with why I think that we are not alone. But it did give me some info that they might of found a new earth of some sort. The reason why I belive that we have other people in another universe we just cant see them or find them. I think it is obvious that we aren’t the only people in the universe. But I do belive that there is another earth and we should try to see if its durable to live on so we won’t only have earth, and we can have back up to we aren’t the only people in the universe

38. think that this will only be found out in further studies. We can’t really fully answer this question until we look further into it. Though now making one decision I think that we aren’t alone. I think that there could be many other things in space that we haven’t yet discovered. There is so much area in space that places we don’t even know about may not be yet discovered. Also seeing that on Mars people discovered there was once water there probably 100’s of years ago. This makes me think about maybe there will once be or there is life on our planets in our solar system, or other planets or things in space not yet discovered. What if we found there are other animals, people, and living things on different planets other than Earth? That would be kind of weird to know about wouldn’t it? I think this question is a big subject that if studied a lot more we may find new things.

39. Are We Alone?

I do not believe in Aliens but yes, I do believe that there are people living in other places than Earth and our Solar System. I just feel that there are so many different places around us so it is impossible for us to be the only living planet. I think though, that it will take us a very long time for us to discover the exact place that these people live. When I here about other planets possibly having life, I never really think of Aliens or creatures that are scary, I think of people just like you and I. There is evidence of other planets that could handle living things though, not too hot and not too cold. I think that if or when we find a new Earth, we will all panic and be afraid. We wouldn’t know if they are nice, or want to hurt us all. That’s why I think that we shouldn’t be looking for something that we can’t handle if we find it. But when it all comes down to it, I think that we aren’t alone.

40. I think that we are not alone. Space is a place were man has not touched and there is still more to explore. There is no conclusion saying that aliens do exist or doesn’t. There is still hope that we are not alone. With space being so big no one can search through space in one life time. So knowing if there are aliens or not it might always stay as a mystery. My conclusion to this that there could be life on other planets but not in our galaxy.

41. The possibility that there is life other than here on Earth is the strangest idea–the fact that maybe there are other people out there, living their own lives and studying the same universe…that thought can really drive me crazy.
    If we ever did find a planet like ours, I wonder what it would be like, what the people would be like, if it even looked like Earth at all. At the moment, there could be “people,” in different planets, in different galaxies who are thinking about the same things we are right now–what/who else is out there? When/If we discover and can find a way to get to Earth-like planets, they could prove very helpful. They would provide a place to go when pollution gets so bad that Earth can’t support life, or when the population grows so much that there is no longer enough room here on Earth. It would be a place to help us restart–we would know what to do, and what not to do because of the mistakes we made here on Earth.
    I honestly believe that there are other planets with life on them somewhere out there. If we ever find them…well I don’t know about that. But maybe by now they’re so advanced…they’ll find us.

42. Are we alone? No I think we are not alone because a few months a go we had found singes of water on Mars. Also in the story in says that we have found over 370 extra planets with are newer technological. So on an of the planets there could be life or they could of left singes to let us know they were there.
    Also if we find a planet that is rocky and roughly the size of earth’s orbit there could be life. Also if it is covered in frozen water things could of had life.

43. Are we alone ??
    In my reading class we are seeing if we are alone.There’s a article that is about the this. They think that there might be life’s on other planets.The planet is small and dim. They put a big camera in space to see if they find any people out there it takes pictures every 30 minutes.On planets like Earth they are going to see if they see anyone living. After I talked to my table group and work alone on this I think that we are not alone.
    Wyllow E

44. In this solar system we are alone at this time but many many years ago it has been proven that it is possible because there has been water on mars. When it comes to galaxies I think that we are not alone and I am positive that in this universe there are a lot more planets that have life form on them than we are aware of. There’s some unique structures in the world but I don’t think that there are any connections between that and alien abductions. Although the other planet may be livable, I don’t think that those things will happen until another one hundred years. We haven’t even gotten people to a different planet other than earth, so if we plan to learn more about galaxies and now if other planets could possibly have life form we need to get to another planet.

45. When I imagine a “second earth” I imagine a planet covered in green with plants, animals, mountains, rivers, lakes and forests. I think of how cool it would be if we found another planet. Then I pause and think why should humans find another planet if we already messed up the one we live on now? Why do we deserve a second chance. We are destroying life on earth as I write and now we want to find another planet to take refuge on. Shouldn’t we fix earth before moving on to another planet. I bet there is other life out there but I doubt that there is a planet as amazing as earth is.

46. Are we alone?

Are we alone? I would like to think that we are not alone,but there is no way we can tell if we are or we are not. There is not a bit of proof that we have E.T life forms in space. To me it all sounds like a way for some farmer, who’s cows went missing and there was no trace. Or some rich movie director guy had the idea of us not being alone, and making a movie of it. I mean really, things that eat and slaughter people, have lime green colored skin, can fly, and destroy earth!? To me that’s a bunch of bogus. But if it ever turns out that there is some life forms other than us, I will be shocked.

47. Are we alone?

I don’t think we are alone in space i think there are other life forms out there even thought the may not look like us or live like us. I think that because i feel we can’t be the only one in space there is something out there that we have not found yet and we might not ever find it but we can’t say that there isn’t anything like us or not. I do hope we find it before time runs out on planet Earth.

Michaella BS

48. Do you think that we are Alone?

I would have to say tat i think that we are not alone because in every galaxy there are planets and i think that at least one planet per galaxy has one living planet. They might not have humans one them, but like things that live.
    So if there should be a debate i think that we should work on this subject a little more to find out if we are alone

49. Are We Alone?
    I think that right now we are completely alone in the universe/galaxy because we really have no further evidence that there could be life on other planets. Scientists obviously cannot answer this question because they are making theories about pictures and other things like that. We probably won’t know whether we are alone or not until scientists do more research; a lot more research. Even though they have been studying this for a while there still isn’t enough background. Just thinking about if there is or could be life on other planets seems mega weird. It would be so amazing and cool to be able to travel to another planet. There may be a bunch of space but that doesn’t mean that it’s livable. If we landed a man on the moon years ago we might be able to land a woman or man on like mars or something. Now that would be wicked. I sure do hope that we are not alone. Who know, we might not be.